MGL provides a comprehensive Computing Curriculum Service package that supports the teaching and skills development of Computing across the curriculum from Early Years to Key Stage 4. From the teaching of basic computing skills, through to cutting-edge work on robotics and Artificial Intelligence, our Teaching Team can work with your school to provide services and policy resources that will help you to plan, teach and assess Computing at all levels.
Our Computing Curriculum Service products are grouped into several key areas:
- Consultancy Support – At MGL we work with our partnering schools on the basis that we are developing the whole school’s ethos and approach to the Computing curriculum, the use of technology and the school’s infrastructure. This process is achieved by creating and working towards an action plan using our Curriculum Support Consultation Cycle (CSCS).
- CPD – Our team of consultants deliver a wide range of CPD in schools. This can vary from trust wide CPD for multi academy trust schools, whole school CPD. phase/department CPD or bespoke individual training for specific members of staff. As the spectrum of technology and how we access and use it in schools is so wide, we try to create sessions with outcomes that are clearly defined and have a short, medium and long term impact.
- PPA Cover – Our team of expert Computing consultants deliver high quality lessons taken and adapted from our industry standard curriculum planning while your teaching staff undertake PPA.
- Reporting – The Curriculum Audit that the consultant and coordinator complete at the beginning of each academic year is used to produce the aims and objectives for the year ahead. As the academic year progresses our MGL consultants use the assessment data taken from each half termly interval to begin to populate the reporting template. The report breaks down various elements of the delivery and outcomes:
- Scheme of Work – The MGL Scheme of Work is located within a centralised portal that our team uses as the centre point of our curriculum delivery. The SoW has been developed in line with the National Curriculum to provide a simple, accessible, fully resourced solution. The lesson plans are all step-by-step and there is a clear link between the curriculum intent, the curriculum overview, the skills progression, the national curriculum, the lesson plans and the assessment. It is all tied together on the unit planning documents. Click here to view the MGL Scheme of Work
- School Accreditation – There are a number of accreditations available that our team of consultants can support schools in achieving. These are 360safe (Online Safety), Naace (Using technology in school) and NCCE Quality Framework (Computing Curriculum). Our team can support schools with the self review process, evidencing actions and preparing for assessment.
- Special Projects – Whether events based (for example, the Olympics or historical milestones) or technology based (for example, drones or robots), we can deliver exciting and engaging projects that appeal to all year groups and cover the whole spectrum of the curriculum.
- In-Class Support & Team Teaching – Our team of expert computing consultants deliver high quality lessons taken and adapted from our industry standard curriculum planning. These sessions are delivered alongside the class teacher to enable them to develop the confidence to access and deliver the computing curriculum independently and effectively.
Our Computing Curriculum Services provide a cost effective solution for schools aiming to deliver the Computing National Curriculum using technology in the most effective way possible.